Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Ragamuffin Life

 (a letter to a friend): 

Ministry that consumes us completely unto ourselves..

  Last night. I watched the movie, Ragamuffin. It's the Rich Mullins story, as told by his friends and family. God reminded me that I/we are not alone, or so very different from each other. Though we live lives that feel unworthy of His usefulness and are sometimes judged by others to be "colorful, failed or distant", we serve a God who knows us, and has placed a passion, a wisdom, in each of us.. As I watched Mullins struggle with a life of desiring to serve God, many times he replaced the ministry passion with a passion for addiction. All the while continuing to write the Lords message and reach out to the hurting, of which he was definitely one. I believe with all my heart, that I walk a very similar road as he did, and that you do as well. We serve a great God, and just maybe we too are called to share the wisdom, pain, and joy of our stories. Each of us has a story to tell, that is a calling we cannot ignore or miss, but one that should be part of living your every day life.

-Randy

My Book- ShoeBox Thoughts is available here

No comments:

Post a Comment